Upper Murray Innovation Foundation (UMIF), the community foundation branch of the Corryong Neighbourhood Centre (CNC) has established a tax deductible donation account (DGR1 status) with FRRR to support medium to long term bushfire recovery initiatives in the Upper Murray. The fund has been established for “charitable activities for the benefit of the Upper Murray region community recovery”.
Make a donation
Donations can be made to the account:
• online at https://www.frrr.org.au/online_donations.php?hosted_donation_cat_id=3804
• online at https://www.frrr.org.au , select donate/donate now from the top menu, in the donation purpose select NFP Fundraising Account “Upper Murray Innovation Foundation – Bushfire Recovery Fund” and complete details as required
• by EFT to “Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal Public Fund” BSB 633 000 Account Number 144 419 736 with reference UMIFIRE and the first 4 letters of your surname
• by cheque or credit card using the enclosed donation form
Donations for a particular project or event
Project/event organisers requesting donations through this account for particular projects/events need to email details of proposed projects/events to email@example.com. Please include:
• Title of project/event
• Name and contact details of organiser/s
• Brief summary of project/event – what, where, when
• The expected outcomes/benefits – what will be achieved, how many people will be involved, who will benefit
Please wait for UMIF to confirm that the proposed project/event fits within the scope of the donation account prior to requesting donations.
When donating for a particular event or project, donors must advise the project/event organiser and the CNC Co-ordinator ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) by email confirming the date of donation, amount and the title of the particular project/event so the funds can be flagged and distributed accordingly.
If no email is received, donated funds will be considered as general bushfire recovery funds.
Distribution of funds
The donation account has been set up for medium to long term bushfire recovery initiatives. Funds will not be available for distribution before May 2020.
Distribution of general bushfire recovery funds will be determined by a local led Advisory Committee appointed by UMIF in conjunction with FRRR. UMIF will ensure all funds donated for approved project/events are distributed to those projects/events.